From Good to Great Negotiations
Today’s executives face with a wide range of challenges: from multicultural negotiations and ethical dilemmas to negotiating in a deal-making situation. As a senior leader your personal and professional effectiveness rests on your success in these situations. Turn from a good negotiator into a great one.
- Achieve a better awareness of your personal negotiation style.
- Foster more effective relationships through the ability to analyse counterparts in different cultures and regions.
- Gain the ability to align negotiation strategy with strategic business objectives.
- Develop a framework to succeed in complex negotiation situations.
Negotiation and Technology
- Understanding how to negotiate in a physical and virtual context – online, on video and face to face
- The blended format allows participants to experience of the impact of choice of communication channel and its impact on negotiation performance
Negotiating in a Multicultural World
- Addressing cultural differences and preparing to negotiate with counterparts from across the world
- Participants will analyze their own negotiation style and its potential impact across different cultures – enabling effective negotiation with cultures that participants may not have been exposed to
Negotiation and Emotions
- What emotions do we provoke when we negotiate? Understanding the power of emotion in a negotiation
- Participants will explore how counterparts react to them on an emotional level, how to capture those emotions, and how to control their own emotions to achieve a successful conclusion
Negotiating a Deal
- Exploring the process of complex negotiation – for example, for an investment deal, a leveraged buyout, merger or acquisition
- With ineffective negotiation tactics resulting in poor deals, the program highlights successful strategies to deal-making
Corporate Conflicts and Mediation
- Understanding to develop a ‘mediator mindset’ to tackle the many issues of conflict
- The program explores different mediation strategies and how each can be effective in a range of conflict situations
Negotiation in complex Situations
- A best practice approach to negotiation in complex situations – from dealing with a hostile counterpart to negotiating with those possessing unlimited power
- Participants will explore a range of complex scenarios and will develop a personal framework for preparation to ensure success in every case
Winning Negotiation Strategies helps leaders develop the personal frameworks, the “mediator mindset” and the preparatory techniques to ensure a win in any complex negotiation.
Senior Lecturer of Entrepreneurship and Negotiation Teaching Unit
PhD in Management, IESE Business School, University of Navarra
Visiting Scholar, DRRC, Kellogg School of Management
Master of Business Administration, K.S. School of Business Management, Gujarat University
Professor of Managing People in Organizations and Negotiation Teaching Unit
Doctor of Philosophy (Management), IESE, University of Navarra
MBA, IESE, University of Navarra
This combination of different teaching methods has been designed to foster an optimal learning environment.
The online edition takes place throughout 5 weeks:
- Kick-off session:
- November 19 (Thurs.)
- Week 1:
- November 23 (Mon.) | Session 1
- November 26 (Thurs.) | Session 2
- Week 2:
- November 30 (Mon.) | Session 3
- December 3 (Thurs.) | Session 4
- Week 3:
- December 7 (Mon.) | Session 5
- December 10 (Thurs.) | Session 6
- Week 4:
- December 14 (Mon.) | Session 7
- Participants must complete and submit the online application.
- The Executive Education Department will contact the participant by email to acknowledge receipt of the application. It will also provide information about the program dates, schedule and the bank details needed to pay tuition.
- The participant pays tuition (payment must be made before the start of the course). This is an essential prerequisite for participating in the program.
- General fee: € 2,500
- IESE members fee: € 2,250
- Executive education Certificate fee: additional 5% discount on the general or membership fee.
The program fee is tax-exempt.
Payment is required prior to the start date and academic materials are included in this fee.
Do you know about our corporate agreements and fees for multiple registrations? Feel free to ask us.
Spaces are limited and filled in strict order of registration.
We accept payments by credit card or wire. For more payment information, please reference your invoice.
IESE reserves the right to cancel this edition of the program or to change the dates up to 7 days prior to its start.
Start date: November 19, 2020 | 5 weeks
(+34) 93 253 4220