From Good to Great Negotiations
Today’s executives face with a wide range of challenges: from multicultural negotiations and ethical dilemmas to negotiating in a deal-making situation. As a senior leader your personal and professional effectiveness rests on your success in these situations. Turn from a good negotiator into a great one.
- Achieve a better awareness of your personal negotiation style.
- Foster more effective relationships through the ability to analyse counterparts in different cultures and regions.
- Gain the ability to align negotiation strategy with strategic business objectives.
- Develop a framework to succeed in complex negotiation situations.
Negotiation and Technology
- Understanding how to negotiate in a physical and virtual context – online, on video and face to face
- The blended format allows participants to experience of the impact of choice of communication channel and its impact on negotiation performance
Negotiating in a Multicultural World
- Addressing cultural differences and preparing to negotiate with counterparts from across the world
- Participants will analyze their own negotiation style and its potential impact across different cultures – enabling effective negotiation with cultures that participants may not have been exposed to
Negotiation and Emotions
- What emotions do we provoke when we negotiate? Understanding the power of emotion in a negotiation
- Participants will explore how counterparts react to them on an emotional level, how to capture those emotions, and how to control their own emotions to achieve a successful conclusion
Negotiating a Deal
- Exploring the process of complex negotiation – for example, for an investment deal, a leveraged buyout, merger or acquisition
- With ineffective negotiation tactics resulting in poor deals, the program highlights successful strategies to deal-making
Corporate Conflicts and Mediation
- Understanding to develop a ‘mediator mindset’ to tackle the many issues of conflict
- The program explores different mediation strategies and how each can be effective in a range of conflict situations
Negotiation in complex Situations
- A best practice approach to negotiation in complex situations – from dealing with a hostile counterpart to negotiating with those possessing unlimited power
- Participants will explore a range of complex scenarios and will develop a personal framework for preparation to ensure success in every case
Winning Negotiation Strategies helps leaders develop the personal frameworks, the “mediator mindset” and the preparatory techniques to ensure a win in any complex negotiation.
Lecturer of Entrepreneurship and Negotiation Teaching Unit
PhD in Management, IESE Business School, University of Navarra
Visiting Scholar, DRRC, Kellogg School of Management
Master of Business Administration, K.S. School of Business Management, Gujarat University
Professor of Managing People in Organizations and Negotiation Teaching Unit
Doctor in Management, IESE Business School, University of Navarra
MBA, IESE Business School, University of Navarra
Program delivery generally extends over virtual and on-campus modules — magnifying the learning impact — while our virtual campus serves as a hub for all of your learning needs.
The “Winning Negotiation Strategies” blended program in particular comprises an online module and a three-day on-campus module.
- Module 1: Online | February 9-16, 2023
- Module 2: Madrid | February 22-24, 2023
In order to benefit fully from the course, reading the academic material that will be provided two weeks prior to the start date is essential.
- Participants complete and submit the online application.
- The Executive Education Department emails the participant to acknowledge receipt and provide further details on program dates, pre-program academic materials and bank details to submit payment.
- The participant pays the program fee. This is an essential requisite to access the pre-readings and participate in the program.
- Two weeks before the start date, participants receive an email with a user name to access the IESE Virtual Campus and pre-readings..
- General fee: € 5,300
- Alumni fee: € 4,770
- IESE Alumni Assn. members: € 4,505
- Executive education Certificate fee: An additional 5% discount on the general or IESE Alumni Association member fee.
The program fee is tax-exempt. Payment is required before the program begins and includes all academic materials and most meals. Please note that travel and accommodation expenses are not included.
Discounts are available for corporate agreements and multiple registrations from the same company. Space is limited and filled in strict order of reception so early registration is encouraged.
Participants in the on-campus Madrid edition can benefit from special rates at the following hotels: Exe Moncloa 4*, EUROSTAR Zarzuela Park 4*, AC Hotel Aravaca 4*, Meliá Madrid Princesa 5*, Trip España 4*, NH Madrid Chamberí 3*.
We accept payments by credit card or wire transfer.
Cancellations received within 20 days before the program launch are subject to a fee equivalent to 25% of tuition. IESE reserves the right to cancel this edition or modify dates up to 20 days prior to its start. IESE is under no circumstances responsible for travel expenses incurred. Participants should consider travel cancellation coverage in the exceptional event that the program is cancelled or if they are unable to attend for personal or professional reasons