From Good to Great Negotiations
Today’s executives face with a wide range of challenges: from multicultural negotiations and ethical dilemmas to negotiating in a deal-making situation. As a senior leader your personal and professional effectiveness rests on your success in these situations. Turn from a good negotiator into a great one.
- Achieve a better awareness of your personal negotiation style.
- Foster more effective relationships through the ability to analyse counterparts in different cultures and regions.
- Gain the ability to align negotiation strategy with strategic business objectives.
- Develop a framework to succeed in complex negotiation situations.
Negotiation and Technology
- Understanding how to negotiate in a physical and virtual context – online, on video and face to face
- The blended format allows participants to experience of the impact of choice of communication channel and its impact on negotiation performance
Negotiating in a Multicultural World
- Addressing cultural differences and preparing to negotiate with counterparts from across the world
- Participants will analyze their own negotiation style and its potential impact across different cultures – enabling effective negotiation with cultures that participants may not have been exposed to
Negotiation and Emotions
- What emotions do we provoke when we negotiate? Understanding the power of emotion in a negotiation
- Participants will explore how counterparts react to them on an emotional level, how to capture those emotions, and how to control their own emotions to achieve a successful conclusion
Negotiating a Deal
- Exploring the process of complex negotiation – for example, for an investment deal, a leveraged buyout, merger or acquisition
- With ineffective negotiation tactics resulting in poor deals, the program highlights successful strategies to deal-making
Corporate Conflicts and Mediation
- Understanding to develop a ‘mediator mindset’ to tackle the many issues of conflict
- The program explores different mediation strategies and how each can be effective in a range of conflict situations
Negotiation in complex Situations
- A best practice approach to negotiation in complex situations – from dealing with a hostile counterpart to negotiating with those possessing unlimited power
- Participants will explore a range of complex scenarios and will develop a personal framework for preparation to ensure success in every case
Winning Negotiation Strategies helps leaders develop the personal frameworks, the “mediator mindset” and the preparatory techniques to ensure a win in any complex negotiation.
Senior Lecturer of Entrepreneurship and Negotiation Teaching Unit
PhD in Management, IESE Business School, University of Navarra
Visiting Scholar, DRRC, Kellogg School of Management
Master of Business Administration, K.S. School of Business Management, Gujarat University
Professor of Managing People in Organizations and Negotiation Teaching Unit
Doctor of Philosophy (Management), IESE, University of Navarra
MBA, IESE, University of Navarra
These teaching methods have been strategically combined to foster an optimal learning environment.
The live online edition is 5 weeks in duration:
- Kick-off session:
- April 7 (Wed.)
- Week 1:
- April 7 (Wed.) | Session 1
- April 9 (Fri.) | Session 2
- Week 2:
- April 13 (Tue.) | Session 3
- April 15 (Thu.) | Session 4
- Week 3:
- April 19 (Mon.) | Session 5
- April 21 (Wed.) | Session 6
- April 23 (Fri.) | Session 7
- Week 4:
- April 27 (Tue.) | Session 8
- April 29 (Thu.) | Session 9
- Participants complete and submit the online application.
- The Executive Education Department emails the participant to acknowledge receipt and provides further details on the program dates, schedule and bank details to submit payment.
- The participant pays the program fee. This is an essential requisite to access the pre-readings and participate in the program.
- General fee: € 2,500
- Alumni fee: € 2,250
- IESE Alumni Assn. members: € 2,125
- Executive education Certificate fee: An additional 5% discount on the general or IESE Alumni Association member fee.
The program fee is tax-exempt and includes academic materials. Payment is required before the program begins.
Discounts are available for corporate agreements and multiple registrations from the same company. Space is limited and filled in strict order of receipt so early registration is encouraged.
We accept payments by credit card or wire.
Cancellations received within 7 days before the program launch are subject to a fee equivalent to 25% of tuition. IESE reserves the right to cancel this program edition or modify dates up to 7 days prior to its start.
Start date: April 7, 2021
Ma. Jesús Biechy
(+34) 91 211 3050