Sustainability & ESG Program
Times are changing, so is strategic sustainability
Sustainability is becoming a core topic in the strategic agendas of many firms. Increasingly, consumers, governments, civil society, and other stakeholders are demanding greater accountability from organizations.
In this program you will learn how the three areas of ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) directly impact your business and your area of responsibility. The program will provide you with a high-level approach to help you create an action plan for your own unit or function and, most importantly, will help you reflect on how managers may need to evolve in order to “walk the talk.”
Benefits of Studying IESE’s “A Sustainable Legacy” program
- A framework to identify the trade-offs and levers that come with incorporating sustainability into corporate strategy.
- Practical guidelines to develop innovative solutions and establish novel business models around sustainability.
- A roadmap to identify and collaborate with material stakeholders.
- New leadership skills support organizational change toward sustainability.
- A fundamental understanding of environmental sustainability, social issues including diversity, equity, and inclusion, and how corporate governance fits into the equation.
- How ESG has emerged in recent years and the specific role that financial institutions including funds such as Black Rock, banks, and insurance companies.
- ESG materiality and its implication for business strategies.
- Supply chain impactions and the circular economy.
- The role that sustainability has in value creation for different stakeholders and the importance of collaboration in that context.
- How to develop sustainable products and services.
- The leadership issues connected to making progress on ESG.
Professor of the Practice of Management of Strategic Management
Doctor of Philosophy (Management), Cranfield University
Master’s in Business Administration, IESE, University of Navarra
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, University of Michigan
Professor of Strategic Management
Schneider Electric Chair of Sustainability and Business Strategy
Ph.D. in Business Administration and Quantitative Methods, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
Senior in Management and International Business, FUNCER Business School
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Universidad Católica de Córdoba
Associate Professor de Iniciativa Emprendedora
Ph.D., Management and Entrepreneurship, University of Colorado
M.S., Environmental Studies, University of Colorado
B.S., Industrial Engineering, University of Puerto Rico
Assistant Professor of Production, Technology and Operations Management Department
Ph.D., in Operations Management, UCLA Anderson School of Management
M.Sc., in Mathematical Engineering, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
B.Sc., in Mathematics, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Head of Strategic Management Department
Professor of Strategic Management
Ph.D in Management Science, Stanford University
M.Sc. in Sociology, Stanford University
Degree in Economics, Universitá degli studi di Napoli – Federico II
The course will be constructed around discussion-based learning of conceptual subjects in the mornings i.e., interactive lectures, group discussions and case studies, and workshops in the afternoons. A key aspect of this topic is that the practice is emerging in real-time such that it is important to build space in the program for participants to learn from each other in addition to the faculty. This latter aspect will be the distinctive characteristic of this SFP.
The on-site edition takes place on the school’s Madrid campus.
To ensure participants get the most out of the program, they will be asked to prepare the academic materials provided two weeks before the program’s start date.
- Complete and submit the online application.
- The Executive Education Department will email you to acknowledge receipt and provide further details on program dates, pre-program academic materials and bank details to submit payment.
- Proceed with the payment of the program’s fee. This is an essential requisite to access the pre-readings and participate in the program. Two weeks before the start date, participants receive an email with a user name to access the IESE Virtual Campus and pre-readings.
- General fee: € 4,200
- Alumni fee: € 3,780
- IESE Alumni Assn. members: € 3,570
- Executive education Certificate fee: An additional 5% discount on the general or IESE Alumni Association member fee.
The program fee is tax-exempt. Payment is required before the program begins and includes all academic materials and most meals. Please note that travel and accommodation expenses are not included.
Discounts are available for corporate agreements and multiple registrations from the same company. Space is limited and filled in strict order of reception so early registration is encouraged.
Participants in the on-campus Madrid edition can benefit from special rates at the following hotels: Exe Moncloa 4*, EUROSTAR Zarzuela Park 4*, AC Hotel Aravaca 4*, Meliá Madrid Princesa 5*, Trip España 4*, NH Madrid Chamberí 3*.
We accept payments by credit card or wire transfer.
Cancellations received within 7 days before the program launch are subject to a fee equivalent to 25% of tuition. IESE reserves the right to cancel this program edition or modify dates up to 7 days prior to its start.