Amplify Your Impact on Corporate Boards
Corporate boards play a pivotal role in today’s disruptive business landscape, shaping the future of organizations by offering guidance and oversight on a range of issues, from business strategy and risk management to regulatory compliance. Learn how to magnify your contribution to create strategic value and ensure a sustainable competitive advantage for your organization.
This unique program has been designed for senior-level executives who currently serve on corporate boards and those who aspire to transition into this role, as well as senior managers who seek to engage more effectively with their board.
- Deeper awareness of the roles, responsibilities and best practices of corporate boards and their impact on long-term success
- A stronger grasp of the crucial processes and dynamics of successful corporate boards
- Frameworks to analyze the key organizational challenges in fast-evolving institutional and digital environments
- Insights to foster an effective board culture, including strategies to manage boardroom conflicts and power dynamics
- Core competencies to forge strategic partnerships between the board and senior management to advance stakeholder interests
- Enhanced ability to leverage diversity to boost board performance
Among the areas examined are:
- Key Roles and Responsibilities of Corporate Boards
- Long-Term Strategy: Board Members Strategic Toolkit
- Governance: Corporate Boards as Early Warning Systems
- Board/Chair/CEO: Culture and Dynamics
- Corporate Boards and Digitalization
- Navigating Disruption
- Boards and Activist Shareholders
- Essential Questions for Boards: Finance, Marketing and Operations
- Boards and Stakeholder Management
- Boards, Executive Succession and Cultivating Next-Generation Leadership
- C-suite executives currently serving on corporate boards
- Top-level public officers
- Next-generation leaders preparing to transition to a board role
- Senior managers seeking to shape and engage their board of directors
With a highly practical approach, the program merges a number of proven academic methodologies including the case method, interactive lectures, guest-speaker sessions, action-learning activities and team-based projects.
Two weeks before the program start, you will receive a package of pre-readings that offer a theoretical groundwork to optimize both classroom time and learning outcomes.
Professor of Production, Technology and Operations Management
Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Stanford University
Associate Dean for Corporate Connections
Endowed Chair of Innovation and Corporate Transformation
Ph.D. in Business Economics, Copenhagen Business School
WHU-Otto Beisheim School of Management
Professor of Strategic Management and Economics
Fundación IESE Chair in Corporate Governance
Ph.D. in Economic and Business Sciences, Universitat de Barcelona
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Graduate School of Business Administration, Harvard University
Professor of International Accounting
Ph.D. in Business Studies, Justus-Liebig-Universität Giessen
WHU-Otto Beisheim School of Management
- Participants must complete and submit the online application.
- The Executive Education Department will contact the participant by email to acknowledge receipt of the application. It will also provide information about the program dates, sending of prior study materials and the bank details needed to pay tuition.
- The participant pays tuition (payment must be made before the start of the course and before prior study materials are sent). This is an essential prerequisite for participating in the program.
- Two weeks before the start of the program, participants will receive an email with a username giving them access to IESE’s Virtual Campus, where initial study materials will be available.
- General fee: € 12,900*
- Executive education Certificate fee: additional 5% discount on the general or membership fee.
*Materials, meals and activities. It does not included: tax on food and beverage, accommodation and travel cost.
The program requires preparatory coursework, which will be made available three weeks before the start date. Payment is required in order to access this material. Check the cancellation policy below.
Do you know about our corporate agreements and fees for multiple registrations? Feel free to ask us.
We accept payments by credit card, check or wire. For more payment information, please reference your invoice.
Cancellations received within 20 days prior to the start of the program are subject to a cancellation fee equivalent to 25% of the program fee. IESE reserves the right to cancel this edition of the program or to change the dates up to 20 days prior to its start. IESE is under no circumstances responsible for travel expenses incurred. Participants should consider travel cancellation coverage in the exceptional event that the program is cancelled or that participants are unable to attend for personal or professional reasons.
Module 1 | WHU Business School
Düsseldorf | February 22-24, 2021
Module 2 | IESE Business School
Munich | April 19-20, 2021
Module 3 | IESE Business School
Barcelona |June 15-17, 2021