Strategy Execution Program
Make your Strategy Happen by Leveraging your Power and Influence
When strategy execution fails, the problem is often not in the strategy but in its implementation. Building an organization capable of good strategy execution is critical for business leaders and it is the overriding factor in determining a company’s long-term success.
What does a good strategy execution require? Unlock the mysteries behind strategy implementation and discover the factors that are crucial to bringing about the successful strategy execution.
Benefits of studying IESE’s Strategy Execution Program
- Lead successfully through strategy execution.
- Prepare your “taking-charge strategy” for your next assignment.
- Identify sources of power within your organization and use business strategy execution to build influence.
- Map an organization’s political terrain to identify individuals critical for diffusing a strategy supportive culture.
- Enhance your performance by leveraging social networks.
- Taking Charge and Leading Strategy Execution
- Personal Characteristics That Build Influence
- Power: Why Some People Have It While Others Don’t
- Acting and Speaking With Power
- Making It Work: Change Pro-Simulation
- Visualizing Your Social Network
- Executing Strategy in a Global Environment
- Mastering Organizational Dynamics
- Strategy Execution Tools
- The Informal Organization
- Overcoming Resistance and Obstacles
- Wrap-Up and Conclusions
Using a highly practical approach, the program will empower participants to achieve corporate objectives by framing their decisions from strategic, operational and political perspectives.
Head of the Strategic Management Department
Professor of Strategic Management
PhD in Management, Stanford University
Master’s in Sociology, Stanford University
Professor of Managing People in Organizations
PhD and Master’s in Organizational Behavior, Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley
Professor of Strategic Management and Managing People in Organizations
Chair of Family-Owned Business
PhD in Organizational Behavior and Industrial Relations, University of California-Berkeley Haas School of Business
MSc in Organizational Behavior and Industrial Relations, University of California-Berkeley Haas School of Business
Associate Professor in the Strategic Management
PhD in Management, HEC Paris
Master of Science in Management and Organizational Dynamics, University of Paris
Associate Professor of Strategic Management
PhD in Mathematics, Columbia University
Master’s in Mathematics and Economics, Helsinki University of Technology
This combination of teaching methods has been strategically designed to foster an optimal learning environment.
The on-campus edition takes place on IESE’s Barcelona campus.
To ensure participants get the most out of the program, they will be asked to prepare the academic materials provided two weeks before the program’s start date.
- Complete and submit the online application.
- The Executive Education Department will email you to acknowledge receipt and provide further details on program dates, pre-program academic materials and bank details to submit payment.
- Proceed with the payment of the program’s fee. This is an essential requisite to access the pre-readings and participate in the program. Two weeks before the start date, participants receive an email with a user name to access the IESE Virtual Campus and pre-readings.
- General fee: € 6,000
- Alumni fee: € 5,400
- IESE Alumni Assn. members: € 5,100
- Executive education Certificate fee: An additional 5% discount on the general or IESE Alumni Association member fee.
*For the on-campus edition of the program, participants can opt for the full five-day Getting Things Done program (here), or they can take either Getting Things Done: Strategic Leadership or Getting Things Done: Power, Influence and Networks, both of which last 2.5 days and can be taken as stand-alone programs. Contact us for further details on these options.
The program fee is tax-exempt. Payment is required before the program begins and includes all academic materials and most meals. Please note that travel and accommodation expenses are not included.
Discounts are available for corporate agreements and multiple registrations from the same company. Space is limited and filled in strict order of reception so early registration is encouraged.
Participants in the on-campus Barcelona edition can benefit from special rates at the following hotels: AC Victoria Suites (Marriot) 4*, Sansi Pedralbes 4*, Abba Garden 4*, Meliá Sarriá Barcelona 5*, Upper Diagonal 4*.
We accept payments by credit card or wire transfer.
Cancellations received within 20 days before the program launch are subject to a fee equivalent to 25% of tuition. IESE reserves the right to cancel this edition or modify dates up to 20 days prior to its start. IESE is under no circumstances responsible for travel expenses incurred. Participants should consider travel cancellation coverage in the exceptional event that the program is cancelled or if they are unable to attend for personal or professional reasons.
June 12, 13, 14, 15 & 16, 2023
Sonia Sainz | Associate director
(+34) 93 253 4220
How to arrive