The World Is Digital. Are You?
Advances in the digital space – be they social, mobile, or otherwise – are breaking down barriers to market entry, turning established business models on their heads, and offering new ways to engage with customers and employees. To identify and effectively respond to tomorrow’s digital opportunities and threats, it is crucial to develop a truly digital mindset; only with this paradigm can business gains be realized.
- Cultivate a holistic understanding of the digital landscape and gain a clearer grasp on the building blocks of digitalization.
- Challenge the key assumptions behind your business model and analyze potential strategic shifts triggered by digitalization.
- Identify the core capabilities critical to your firm’s longterm success in a digital landscape, and assess structural and contextual approaches to developing them.
- Formalize and articulate your digital strategy, and develop an action plan to drive a digital agenda in your organization.
- Ecosystems and Platforms
- Building ecosystems and new business models
- Exploring platform strategies to capture value
- The Long-Tail Strategy
- Marketing and New Customer
- Big Data: Cognitive Learning systems
- Becoming a Digital Leader
In order to benefit fully from the course, reading the academic material that will be provided two weeks prior to the start date is essential.
Professor of the Practice of Management of Information Systems
PhD in Electrical Engineering, Columbia University
MSc in Telecommunications Engineering, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Javier Zamora is co-founder of Inqbarna, a company specialized in the development of Apps for smartphones and tablets. For eight years he was the General Manager of eNeo Labs, a company devoted to products and services for the Digital Home. His previous professional experience includes four years as Director of Product Development at Xbind in New York, a pioneering company in video transmission over data networks, and five years researching and implementing one of the first video-on-demand systems in the US at the Center for Telecommunications Research and the Image and Advanced Television Laboratory of Columbia University.
He is author of five publications in international journals and fifteen technical contributions to standard bodies. He is the author of two international patents on Digital Home architecture and services.
Professor of Information Systems
PhD in Management, IESE, University of Navarra
Degree in Economics and Business Administration, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Her research also underscores the need for improved user knowledge about IS, especially when it plays a strategic role in the organization. Prof. Sieber has published scholarly and general articles in national and international journals, magazines and newspapers, and has contributed to several books.
Professor of Information Systems
Doctor of Philosophy (Operations Research), Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Doctor of Sciences in Medical Engineering, Harvard/MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology
Doctor of Industrial Engineering, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
- Participants must complete and submit the online application.
- The Executive Education Department will contact the participant by email to acknowledge receipt of the application. It will also provide information about the program dates, schedule, sending of prior study materials and the bank details needed to pay tuition.
- The participant pays tuition (payment must be made before the start of the course and before prior study materials are sent). This is an essential prerequisite for participating in the program.
- Two weeks before the start of the program, participants will receive an email with a username giving them access to IESE’s Virtual Campus, where initial study materials will be available.
- General fee: € 4,050
- IESE members fee: € 3,645
- Executive Education Certificate fee: additional 5% discount on the general or membership fee.
The program fee is tax-exempt and it includes academic materials and lunches. It does not include travel or accommodation expenses.
The program requires preparatory coursework, which will be made available three weeks before the start date. Payment is required in order to access this material. Check the cancellation policy below.
Spaces are limited and filled in strict order of registration.
Find out more on our corporate agreements and fees for multiple registrations.
We have negotiated special fees for our participants in these hotels near to IESE’s Barcelona campus: AC Victoria Suites (Marriot) 4*, Sansi Pedralbes 4*, Abba Garden 4*, Meliá Sarriá Barcelona 5* or Upper Diagonal 4*.
Cancellations received within 20 days prior to the start of the program are subject to a cancellation fee equivalent to 25% of the program fee. IESE reserves the right to cancel this edition of the program or to change the dates up to 20 days prior to its start. IESE is under no circumstances responsible for travel expenses incurred. Participants should consider travel cancellation coverage in the exceptional event that the program is cancelled or that participants are unable to attend for personal or professional reasons.