Redesign your business
The Business Model Innovation Program will help you to design and implement a business model for a new venture, redesign the business model of an existing firm or business unit, and/or develop a business model innovation strategy for your firm.
- Learn & apply state-of-the-art concepts to analyze and (re-)design innovative, sustainable and value-creating business models.
- Receive practical, step-by-step guidance on how to introduce business model innovation in your organization.
- Bring your own business model challenge into the program.
- Benefit from individual guidance and peer advisory when designing your own business model innovation.
- Build a global network with international participants, IESE experts and guest speakers.
Format: Part-time program.
Length: 12 weeks + Conference
Structure: 3 live online modules + 2 Business Model Challenges + BMI Conference
- Module 1: Foundation and Mindset
March 7-9, 2022 – Online (3 half days)
– Revolutionize your business model: Workshop to apply business model thinking & learn & apply visual brainstorming technique for BMI
– Guest speaker (BMI visionary/entrepreneur)
– Mindset & Cognition: Business model mindset, cognitive biases and traps, mindfulness
- Business Model Challenge
- Module 2: Strategic Design and Evaluation of Business Model Innovation
April 20-22, 2022 – Online (3 half days)
– Strategic design of innovative business models: design thinking, design drivers, strategic design
– Business model evaluation: NICE model, value propositions
– The process of designing a business model: Design process, finding the right problem to solve, prototyping business models
– Guest speaker (designer)
– Entrepreneurial startup techniques applied to BMI: Discovery-driven planning, lean startup
- Business Model Challenge
- Module 3: Making Business Model Innovation Happen
June 1-3, 2022 – Online (3 half days)
– Implementing business model innovation in new business model initiatives: Adopting an entrepreneurial mindset, entrepreneurial leadership to overcome barriers to implementation, risk management
– Business planning as risk minimization: Developing a winning business case and effective pitching
– Implementing business model innovation in established firm: Implementation challenges, overcoming barriers to implementation and creating fit
– Guest speaker (CEO on BMI rejuvenation / implementation challenges)
– BMI Strategy Workshop: Developing your BMI strategy
- BMI Conference
September 20, 2022 – Online
Professor and Head of Entrepreneurship Department.
PhD, University of British Columbia.
Thomas Maximilian Klueter
Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship and Analysis of Business Problems.
PhD, University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School.
Associate Professor of Managing People in Organizations.
PhD, Maastricht University.
Professor of Information Systems.
- action learning
- personalized one-to-one support
- peer-to-peer advisory
- case method
- interactive lectures
- external guest speakers
The admission process entails a three-step process:
- Participants complete and submit the online application.
- The Executive Education Department emails the participant to acknowledge receipt and provide further details on program dates and bank details to submit payment.
- The participant pays the program fee. This is an essential requisite to access the program.
- General fee: € 12,000
- Members fee: € 11,400
The program fee is tax-exempt.
We accept payments by credit card or wire transfer.
Cancellations received within 20 days before the program launch are subject to a fee equivalent to 25% of tuition. IESE reserves the right to cancel this edition or modify dates up to 20 days prior to its start. IESE is under no circumstances responsible for travel expenses incurred. Participants should consider travel cancellation coverage in the exceptional event that the program is cancelled or if they are unable to attend for personal or professional reasons.
Module 1: March 7-9, 2022
Module 2: April 20-22, 2022
Module 3: June 1-3, 2022
Conference: September 20, 2022
IESE Business School
(+34) 676 672 259