Building positive management leadership on strengths
What is positive leadership? Increasing employee engagement, driving innovation and change, and stimulating top-level performance involves taking a positive new approach to leadership that builds on strengths.
Run jointly by IESE Business School and Michigan’s Ross School of Business, this program focuses on positive leadership and it will provide you with the techniques and tools you need to stimulate performance in others by focusing on their strengths.
Benefits of studying IESE’s Business Leadership Communication Program
- Cultivate a mindful and mission-driven work environment that empowers and engages employees.
- Examine the importance of self-awareness to motivate growth at both individual and organizational levels.
- Learn techniques to unlock the highest potential within oneself and others.
- Make a step-by-step plan to address leadership challenges in your organization.
The Positive Leadership Framework
- The BPL framework
- Application of the framework to personal and organizational realms
Enabling Spectacular Performance and an Exceptional Culture
- Tools and techniques to motivate employees through positive management leadership
- Setting the stage for implementation to excel
Character Development (Nurture Versus Nature)
- Self-awareness and development of positive leadership qualities
- Leveraging crisis situations as opportunities for resilience and learning
Barcelona’s Sagrada Familia Basilica: Drawing Inspiration from Gaudí
- Motivating others with a sense of purpose and mission
- Creativity for overcoming challenges and constraints
- Evaluating the present to create an alternative future
Reflected “Best Self” Exercise
- Customized feedback on your strengths and strength profile
- Creating a picture of you at your best
- Understanding the power of emotions and managing them in professional environments
- Clarifying values and purpose
Creating a Positive Organizational Culture
- Positive climate: stress prevention; mindfulness and well-being
- Pros, cons and sustainability of a positive culture
High-Quality Connections and Energy Networks
- Understanding the power of high-quality connections and learning how to create them to impact the future
- Trust and empowerment
Action Plan: Change Starts With You
- Planning and positioning for excellence
- Developing a 21-day personal action plan
The faculty of the “Become a Positive Leader to Accelerate Positive Change” program is composed of professionals and positive leaders who are involved not only in teaching but also in research and in the business world.
Professor of Managing People in Organizations
PhD in Organizational Behavior, Maastricht University
Master’s in Psychology, Radboud University Nijmegen, Netherlands
William Russell Kelly Professor of Management and Organizations, University of Michigan’s Stephen M. Ross School of Business
PhD and Master’s in Administrative Sciences, Yale University
Professor of Managing People in Organizations
PhD in Management, HEC, University of Lausanne
Master’s in International Business, National Taiwan University
Master’s in Organizational & Social Psychology, Columbia University
Experienced Based Learning and Training from National Training Labs (NTL)
The on-site edition takes place on the school’s Barcelona campus.
To ensure participants get the most out of the program, they will be asked to prepare the academic materials provided two weeks before the program’s start date.
- Complete and submit the online application.
- The Executive Education Department will email you to acknowledge receipt and provide further details on program dates, pre-program academic materials and bank details to submit payment.
- Proceed with the payment of the program’s fee. This is an essential requisite to access the pre-readings and participate in the program. Two weeks before the start date, participants will receive an email with a user name to access the IESE Virtual Campus and pre-readings.
- General fee: € 6,100
- Alumni fee: € 5,490
- IESE Alumni Association members: € 5,185
- Executive Education Certificate fee: An additional 5% discount on the general or IESE Alumni Association member fee.
The program fee is tax-exempt. Payment is required before the program begins and includes all academic materials and most meals. Please note that travel and accommodation expenses are not included.
Discounts are available for corporate agreements and multiple registrations from the same company. Space is limited and filled in strict order of reception so early registration is encouraged.
Participants in the on-campus Barcelona edition can benefit from special rates at the following hotels: AC Hotel by Marriott Victoria Suites 4*, Sansi Pedralbes 4*, abba Garden Hotel 4*, Meliá Barcelona Sarriá 5*, Upper Diagonal 4*.
We accept payments by credit card or wire transfer.
Cancellations received within 20 days before the program’s start date are subject to a fee equivalent to 25% of tuition. IESE reserves the right to cancel this edition or modify dates up to 20 days prior to its start. IESE is under no circumstances responsible for travel expenses incurred. Participants should consider travel cancellation coverage in the exceptional event that the program is cancelled or if they are unable to attend for personal or professional reasons.