Building Leadership on Strengths
Increasing employee engagement, driving innovation and change, and stimulating top-level performance involves taking a positive new approach to leadership that builds on strengths.
Run jointly by IESE Business School and Michigan’s Ross School of Business, this program will provide you with the techniques and tools you need to stimulate performance in others by focusing on their strengths.
- Learn how to cultivate a mindful and mission-driven work environment that empowers and engages employees.
- Examine the importance of self-awareness to motivate growth at both individual and organizational levels.
- Learn techniques to unlock the highest potential within oneself and others.
- Make a step-by-step plan to address leadership challenges in your organization.
The Positive Leadership Framework
- The BPL framework
- Application of the framework to personal and organizational realms
Enabling Spectacular Performance and an Exceptional Culture
- Tools and techniques to motivate employees
- Setting the stage for implementation to excel
Character Development (Nurture Versus Nature)
- Self-awareness and development of positive qualities
- Leveraging crisis situations as opportunities for resilience and learning
Barcelona’s Sagrada Familia Basilica: Drawing Inspiration from Gaudí
- Motivating others with a sense of purpose and mission
- Creativity for overcoming challenges and constraints
- Evaluating the present to create an alternative future
Reflected “Best Self” Exercise
- Customized feedback on your strengths and strength profile
- Creating a picture of you at your best
- Understanding the power of emotions and managing them in professional environments
- Clarifying values and purpose
Creating a Positive Organizational Culture
- Positive climate: stress prevention; mindfulness and well-being
- Pros, cons and sustainability of a positive culture
High-Quality Connections and Energy Networks
- Understanding the power of high-quality connections and learning how to create them to impact the future
- Trust and empowerment
Action Plan: Change Starts With You
- Planning and positioning for excellence
- Development of a 21-day personal action plan
The “Become a Positive Leader to Accelerate Positive Change” program targets human resource professionals and their teams; executives who are spearheading change or in the midst of a career transformation; and leaders who aspire to develop creative, committed and constructive teams.
The faculty of the “Become a Positive Leader to Accelerate Positive Change” program is made up of professionals who are involved not only in teaching but in research and the business world.
Professor of the Practice of Management of Managing People in Organizations
Doctor of Medicine, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
PhD in Economics, UIC (Barcelona)
Specialist in Social and Preventive Medicine (Mental Health), Università degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza
Certificate in Personality Assessment, University of Minnesota
William Russell Kelly Professor of Management and Organizations, University of Michigan’s Stephen M. Ross School of Business
MA and PhD in Administrative Sciences, Yale University
Associate Professor of Managing People in Organizations
PhD in Organizational Behavior, Maastricht University
MSc in Psychology, Radboud University Nijmegen, the Netherland
Master’s degree in Organizational & Social Psychology from Columbia University
BSc in Psychology, University of Utah
Experienced Based Learning and Training from National Training Labs (NTL).
This combination of teaching methods has been strategically designed to foster an optimal learning environment.
The on-campus edition takes place on the school’s Barcelona campus.
To ensure participants get the most out of the program, they will be asked to read the academic materials provided two weeks before the program’s start date.
- Participants must complete and submit the Barcelona (March), Barcelona (October)
- The Executive Education Department will contact the participant by email to acknowledge receipt of the application. It will also provide information about the program dates, sending of prior study materials and the bank details needed to pay tuition.
- The participant pays tuition (payment must be made before the start of the course and before prior study materials are sent). This is an essential prerequisite for participating in the program.
- Two weeks before the start of the program, participants will receive an email with a username giving them access to IESE’s Virtual Campus, where initial study materials will be available.
- General fee: € 6,000
- IESE members fee: € 5,400
- Executive education Certificate fee: additional 5% discount on the general or membership fee.
The program fee is tax-exempt and includes academic materials and lunches. It does not include travel or accommodation expenses.
The program requires preparatory coursework, which will be made available three weeks before the start date. Payment is required in order to access this material. Check the cancellation policy below.
Do you know about our corporate agreements and fees for multiple registrations? Feel free to ask us.
We have negotiated special fees for our participants in these hotels near to Barcelona campus: AC Victoria Suites (Marriot) 4*, Sansi Pedralbes 4*, Abba Garden 4*, Meliá Sarriá Barcelona 5*, Upper Diagonal 4*.
We accept payments by credit card, check or wire. For more payment information, please reference your invoice.
Cancellations received within 20 days prior to the start of the program are subject to a cancellation fee equivalent to 25% of the program fee. IESE reserves the right to cancel this edition of the program or to change the dates up to 20 days prior to its start. IESE is under no circumstances responsible for travel expenses incurred. Participants should consider travel cancellation coverage in the exceptional event that the program is cancelled or that participants are unable to attend for personal or professional reasons.