Turning Good Negotiators into Great Negotiators
Senior executives need exceptional negotiating skills for the highest-profile decisions and for the daily demands of the workplace. This program looks at a range of issues, from multicultural negotiations, to ethical dilemmas in negotiations, to negotiating in deal-making situations.
You will carry out a methodical self-assessment of your negotiating style, identifying your strengths and your potential areas for improvement.
Emerge with the advanced preparation and solid framework to go from a good negotiator to a great one.
- Learn about the principles of negotiation in different business contexts.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the dynamics of the negotiation process and improve your ability to negotiate in collaborative and competitive situations.
- Forge long-term relationships by learning how to reconcile different cultural backgrounds and emotional responses.
- Boost your ability to navigate ethical dilemmas during a negotiation process.
- Develop a solid framework to succeed in complex negotiation situations.
- The Principles of Negotiation: Theory and Implementation in Different Business Contexts
- The Negotiation Process: How to Identify Phases and
- Cooperative-Competitive Tension
- Benefits of Cooperative Negotiation, Also Known
- Understanding Different Negotiation Styles and Using
Them to Your Advantage
- Benefits of Creative and Collaborative Negotiation
- Negotiation Deadlocks: Breaking the Blockade
- Negotiation Teams: Implications in the
- Internal Negotiation: Avoiding Conflict and Seeking
the Common Good
- Multi-Party Negotiation: How to Manage Complexity
and Control the Dynamics.
- Navigating Cultural Differences in the Negotiation Process
- Considerations in Face-to-Face Versus Virtual Contexts
- Framework for a Personal Improvement Plan
Public administration officials and executives who oversee complex national and multinational negotiations will also find the program highly beneficial.
Professor of Entrepreneurship and Negotiation Teaching Unit
PhD in Engineering Management, Stanford University
BSc in Industrial Engineer, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
ISP, Graduate School of Business Administration, Harvard University
Senior Lecturer of Entrepreneurship and Negotiation Teaching Unit
PhD in Management, IESE Business School, University of Navarra
MBA, K.S. School of Business Management, Gujarat University
Professor of Managing People in Organizations and Director of the Negotiation Teaching Unit
Doctor of Philosophy in Management, University of Navarra
MBA, IESE, University of Navarra
The on-site edition takes place on the school’s Barcelona campus.
To ensure participants get the most out of the program, they will be asked to prepare the academic materials provided two weeks before the program’s start date.
- Participants complete and submit the online application.
- The Executive Education Department emails the participant to acknowledge receipt and provide further details on program dates, pre-program academic materials and bank details to submit payment.
- The participant pays the program fee. This is an essential requisite to access the pre-readings and participate in the program.
- Two weeks before the start date, participants receive an email with a user name to access the IESE Virtual Campus and pre-readings.
- General fee: € 4,125
- Alumni fee: € 3,713
- IESE Alumni Assn. members: € 3,506
- Executive education Certificate fee: An additional 5% discount on the general or IESE Alumni Association member fee.
The program fee is tax-exempt. Payment is required before the program begins and includes all academic materials and most meals. Please note that travel and accommodation expenses are not included.
Discounts are available for corporate agreements and multiple registrations from the same company. Space is limited and filled in strict order of reception so early registration is encouraged.
Participants in the on-campus Barcelona edition can benefit from special rates at the following hotels: AC Victoria Suites (Marriot) 4*, Sansi Pedralbes 4*, Abba Garden 4*, Meliá Sarriá Barcelona 5*, Upper Diagonal 4*.
We accept payments by credit card or wire.
Cancellations received within 20 days before the program launch are subject to a fee equivalent to 25% of tuition. IESE reserves the right to cancel this edition or modify dates up to 20 days prior to its start. IESE is under no circumstances responsible for travel expenses incurred. Participants should consider travel cancellation coverage in the exceptional event that the program is cancelled or if they are unable to attend for personal or professional reasons.
Start: July 5-7, 2021
(+34) 93 253 4220