Manage Global Real Estate Investments
Analyze the sector from an international perspective and master the common elements of successful property operations: a long-term focus, professionalized management and solid financing sources. Discover why it’s no longer just about “location, location, location.”
- Learn how to analyze investments, boost profitability and hedge risks
- Evaluate opportunities using macroeconomic and microeconomic approaches
- Discover best practices in the sector and how to evaluate — and avoid — real estate bubbles
- Learn how big data and new technologies can help you make better decisions and sounder investments
During the “International Real Estate” program we will tackle the following issues:
Real Estate Finance
- Examine quantitative tools to analyze real estate projects and investments
- Understand the specific characteristics of diverse types of assets: residential, hotel, retail, office and industrial properties
- Analyze the impact of real estate on corporate finances
Macroeconomics and Microeconomics
- Understand the macroeconomic environment and its connection to real estate activities
- Analyze business cycles, supply and demand, boomand- bust cycles and the impact of public policies
- Examine the impact of “big data” and new technologies
- Discover disruptive forces in the real estate industry
The “International Real Estate” program is designed for real estate professionals (architects, lawyers, notaries, appraisers, engineers, etc.), developers, financial institutions active in the realty sector, investors, consulting firms, civil servants and firms that require property assets for their distribution, retail, utilities and hotel operations.
The “International Real Estate” program employs a series of authentic real-estate case studies that examine the most pressing issues facing the industry today. The case methodology is complemented by interactive lectures and seminars with industry experts, who offer their frontline insights on the present and future of the real estate sector.
In order to benefit fully from the course, reading the academic material that will be provided two weeks prior to the start date is essential.
Associate Professor of Financial Management
PhD in Business Administration. Finance and Real Estate, University of California, Berkeley
MS in Business Administration (Finance), University of California, Berkeley
Master of Financial Engineering (MFE), University of California, Berkeley
E.T.S. d’Enginyers de Camins, Canals i Ports, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Professor of Economics
Jaime Grego Chair of Healthcare Management
PhD in Economics, Harvard University
MS in Economics, Harvard University
BA in Economics, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Núria Mas is professor and head of the Economics Department at IESE Business School and holder of the Jaime Grego Chair of Healthcare Management. She holds a Ph.D. in Economics from Harvard University and a B.A. in Economics from Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Before joining IESE Business School, Prof. Mas worked as an associate at Lehman Brothers International. Núria Mas is member of the Governing Council of the Bank of Spain. Prof. Mas teaches economics and health economics in the MBA, Executive-MBA and other executive education programs. She is the Academic Director of IESE’s Annual Healthcare Industry Meeting. She was member of the Advisory Committee for the Sustainability and Progress of the Healthcare System of the Government of Catalonia.
Professor of Information Systems
PhD in Management, IESE, University of Navarra
Degree in Economics and Business Administration, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Her research also underscores the need for improved user knowledge about IS, especially when it plays a strategic role in the organization. Prof. Sieber has published scholarly and general articles in national and international journals, magazines and newspapers, and has contributed to several books.
Professor of Financial Management
PhD in Management, IESE Business School, University of Navarra
Certified Public Accountant, Universidad Nacional de Tucumán, Argentina
Degree in Administration and Organization, Universidad Nacional de Tucumán, Argentina
- Participants must complete and submit the online application.
- The Executive Education Department will contact the participant by email to acknowledge receipt of the application. It will also provide information about the program dates, sending of prior study materials and the bank details needed to pay tuition.
- The participant pays tuition (payment must be made before the start of the course and before prior study materials are sent). This is an essential prerequisite for participating in the program.
- Two weeks before the start of the program, participants will receive an email with a username giving them access to IESE’s Virtual Campus, where initial study materials will be available.
- General fee: € 4,050
- IESE members fee: € 3,645
- Executive Education Certificate fee: additional 5% discount on the general or membership fee.
The program fee is tax-exempt and includes academic materials and lunches. It does not include travel or accommodation expenses.
The program requires preparatory coursework, which will be made available three weeks before the start date. Payment is required in order to access this material. Check the cancellation policy below.
Do you know about our corporate agreements and fees for multiple registrations? Feel free to ask us.
We have negotiated special fees for our participants in these hotels near to Barcelona campus: AC Victoria Suites (Marriot) 4*, Sansi Pedralbes 4*, Abba Garden 4*, Meliá Sarriá Barcelona 5*, Upper Diagonal 4*.
We accept payments by credit card, check or wire. For more payment information, please reference your invoice.
Cancellations received within 20 days prior to the start of the program are subject to a cancellation fee equivalent to 25% of the program fee. IESE reserves the right to cancel this edition of the program or to change the dates up to 20 days prior to its start. IESE is under no circumstances responsible for travel expenses incurred. Participants should consider travel cancellation coverage in the exceptional event that the program is cancelled or that participants are unable to attend for personal or professional reasons.