Turn Customer Data Into Growth
Digital technologies are rapidly transforming our world. Companies that develop strategies to monetize digital data will gain a clear edge over the competition.
This requires creating and leveraging new social, mobile and digital data assets with a focus on growth and innovation. Explore strategies to monetize your organization’s digital data to gain competitive advantage.
- Gain insights on strategies to transform data into growth.
- Expand your understanding of methods employed to manage data, including social media and mobile data.
- Sharpen your knowledge of the most relevant technological trends, including the Internet of Things, automation and artificial intelligence.
Opportunities of Big Data
- Examine how big data can provide the basis for successful digital strategies
- Discover the potential of aggregated customer data in analyzing market opportunities and measuring business performance
Strategic Data-Driven Marketing
- Learn how to leverage the data generated by customer interactions, including social media, mobile and other types of digital data platforms
- Examine how firms and third parties can access consumer insights by tapping the vast amount of available data
Other Program Highlights
- Gain an overview of diverse data products, data assets and business models
- Explore the wider trends in big data, the Internet of Things, automation and artificial intelligence
Participants represent large technology firms, SMEs and start-ups, and reflect a range of functions, including human resources, marketing, risk management, data analysis, product development and customer service.
Professor of Managerial Decision Sciences and Analysis of Business Problems
PhD in Mathematical Sciences, Universitat de Barcelona Degree in Mathematics, Universitat de Barcelona
Associate Professor of Managerial Decision Sciences
PhD in Mathematics, Universitat de Barcelona
Assistant Professor of Managerial Decision Sciences
PhD in Management, IESE Business School, University of Navarra
Master of Research in Management, IESE Business School, University of Navarra
Industrial Engineering, Escola Superior d’Enginyeria Industrial de Barcelona, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
- Participants must complete and submit the online application.
- The Executive Education Department will contact the participant by email to acknowledge receipt of the application. It will also provide information about the program dates, sending of prior study materials and the bank details needed to pay tuition.
- The participant pays tuition (payment must be made before the start of the course and before prior study materials are sent). This is an essential prerequisite for participating in the program.
- Three weeks before the start of the program, participants will receive an email with a username giving them access to IESE’s Virtual Campus, where initial study materials will be available.
- General fee: € 3,000
- IESE members fee: € 2,700
- Executive Education Certificate fee: additional 5% discount on the general or membership fee.
The program fee is tax-exempt and includes academic materials and lunches. It does not include travel or accommodation expenses.
The program requires preparatory coursework, which will be made available three weeks before the start date. Payment is required in order to access this material. Check the cancellation policy below.
Spaces are limited and filled in strict order of registration.
Do you know about our corporate agreements and fees for multiple registrations? Feel free to ask us.
We accept payments by credit card, check or wire. For more payment information, please reference your invoice.
Cancellations received within 20 days prior to the start of the program are subject to a cancellation fee equivalent to 25% of the program fee. IESE reserves the right to cancel this edition of the program or to change the dates up to 20 days prior to its start. IESE is under no circumstances responsible for travel expenses incurred. Participants should consider travel cancellation coverage in the exceptional event that the program is cancelled or that participants are unable to attend for personal or professional reasons.