Explain, present, persuade, inspire
Discover how to speak powerfully and communicate effectively in a variety of contexts, capture the attention of your audience and make your body language work to your advantage.
- Learn how to successfully structure, design and deliver different types of oral presentations.
- Explore the role of emotional and rational intelligence as a means of persuasion.
- Make a memorable and lasting impact on your audience through the power of storytelling.
- Examine the impact of non-verbal aspects of communication: authority, energy, nervous and audience awareness.
The”Develop Your Communication Skills: It’s How You Tell Them!” program will tackle the following topics:
- Personal Assessment
Understand and develop your own communication style to become more effective and inspire those around you by assessing your own individual needs and objectives.
- Content and Speaking Style
Effective speeches take time and forethought. Learn how to open and close speeches successfully, plan content effectively and enhance your speaking style so that you project authority, energy and audience awareness.
- Nonverbal Aspects of Communication
Learn to control emotions such as nervousness and shyness in order to maximize personal self-confidence, gain credibility with the audience and achieve consistency between the verbal and nonverbal aspects of your message.
Discover the importance of first impressions and how to create positive connection between speaker and audience. Develop self awareness and manage your own personal image by understanding gestures, expressions and appearance.
- The Power of Storytelling
Understand the power of storytelling, a valuable skill that will help you transmit your vision, project or brand to any audience. Learn to draw upon your own personal experiences to make a memorable and lasting impact on others.
- The Link Between Communication and Leadership Style
To become an effective leader, you have to become a great communicator. Communication styles are either inclined towards a detailed and argumentative approach or a persuasive and motivational one. Although most managers may find one or the other more natural, good speakers should be able to master both styles. The truth is that everyone should develop the skill of using the other style with some degree of effectiveness.
- Four Speech Models
You will analyze four case studies that focus on world leaders with different leadership and communication styles: the inspirer, the negotiator, the persuader and the winner of arguments. Identify the “best practices” of these successful communicators to strengthen your own unique communication style.
During the program, you will be filmed making various types of presentations and will receive valuable feedback from peers and faculty members. The presentation styles include:
- The rational-based speech, used for interviews, informal meetings and business presentations
- The special occasion speech, aimed at persuading or inspiring others in times of crisis or corporate restructuring
- The visionary speech, designed to gain credibility and obtain buy-in for your Project or idea
Participants are divided into small groups and grow as communicators in a positive and enriching learning environment.
Lecturer of Managing People in Organizations
Doctor in Philosophy, Universidad de Navarra
Degree in Law, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela
Lecturer of Managing People in Organizations
MBA, IESE,Universidad de Navarra
BSc Artificial Intelligence and Psychology, University of Nottingham
BSc in Political Sciences and Sociology, UNED
Degree in Rhetoric, Expression and Oratory Techniques, ESIC Business and Marketing School
- Participants must complete and submit the online application.
- The Executive Education Department will contact the participant by email to acknowledge receipt of the application. It will also provide information about the program dates, sending of prior study materials and the bank details needed to pay tuition.
- The participant pays tuition (payment must be made before the start of the course and before prior study materials are sent). This is an essential prerequisite for participating in the program.
- Three weeks before the start of the program, participants will receive an email with a username giving them access to IESE’s Virtual Campus, where initial study materials will be available.
- General fee: € 3,925
- IESE members fee: € 3,533
- Executive education Certificate fee: additional 5% discount on the general or membership fee.
The program fee is tax-exempt and includes academic materials and lunches. It does not include travel or accommodation expenses.
The program requires preparatory coursework, which will be made available three weeks before the start date. Payment is required in order to access this material. Check the cancellation policy below.
Do you know about our corporate agreements and fees for multiple registrations? Feel free to ask us.
We accept payments by credit card, check or wire. For more payment information, please reference your invoice.
Cancellations received within 20 days prior to the start of the program are subject to a cancellation fee equivalent to 25% of the program fee. IESE reserves the right to cancel this edition of the program or to change the dates up to 20 days prior to its start. IESE is under no circumstances responsible for travel expenses incurred. Participants should consider travel cancellation coverage in the exceptional event that the program is cancelled or that participants are unable to attend for personal or professional reasons.