Meet the Future of Your Business
In an environment shaped by rapid technology and process change, remaining competitive requires informed, innovative and future-focused leaders. So how do you streamline today while preparing your business for transition to Industry 4.0 tomorrow?
- Explore the current and future ramifications of Industry 4.0.
- Analyze the impact of new manufacturing models on your value proposition.
- Assess the radical shifts in process technology and possibilities generated by industrial 3D printing, total connectivity and big data.
This three-day program delivers the competencies and insights manufacturing decision-makers need to stay ahead. The “Industry 4.0: The Future of Manufacturing” program will tackle the following topics:
- General Framework of Industry 4.0
Industry 4.0 encompasses multiple concurrent developments. Participants will develop a deep understanding of all its elements, and learn how to bring all the pieces together to generate true value for the customer.
- Building Blocks of Industry 4.0
Digital backbone, advanced robotics, additive manufacturing (industrial 3D printing) and data analytics all have a key role to play in driving manufacturing trends and future-planning strategies. These crucial issues will be covered in detail.
- Emergence of New Business Models
Exploring the business impact of greater flexibility in scale and scope, and the evolution of business models in the face of additive manufacturing (e.g., long tail, complexity, printer farms).
- Embracing Future Opportunities
How to maximize the value of new IP opportunities, address growing cyber security issues in manufacturing, and the implications and pitfalls of adaptive manufacturing models and their integration with traditional manufacturing processes.
Professor of Production, Technology and Operations Management
PhD in Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Stanford University
MBA, IESE, University of Navarra
Diplom-Ingenieur Aerospace-Technology, University of Stuttgart
He has published both in academic journals, such as IEEE Transactions, and business journals such as European Business Forum (EBF). He has contributed chapters to several books on operations management and process improvement.
Prior to entering academia, Prof. Sachon worked for several years at IBM’s German headquarters in Stuttgart-Vaihingen. As a consultant, Prof. Sachon has been involved in projects with companies such as Morgan Stanley, Hugo Boss Industries, United Airlines, Merck KG and the Bonneville Power Authority.
Assistant Professor of Information Systems
PhD in Business Administration (Information Systems), Goethe University Frankfurt
Master’s degree in International Management, Community of European Management Schools
Combined Bachelor’s and Master’s degree (Diploma) in Management Information Systems, University of Cologne
Robert’s research is presented regularly at top-tier conferences, including the yearly International Conference on Information Systems. His work has appeared in the top-tier journals of the Information Systems discipline, including Management Information Systems Quarterly and Information Systems Research. He has also published parts of his work in other journals, including European Journal of Information Systems, Information Systems Frontiers, and Information Technology and People.
- Participants must complete and submit the online application.
- The Executive Education Department will contact the participant by email to acknowledge receipt of the application. It will also provide information about the program dates, sending of prior study materials and the bank details needed to pay tuition.
- The participant pays tuition (payment must be made before the start of the course and before prior study materials are sent). This is an essential prerequisite for participating in the program.
- Three weeks before the start of the program, participants will receive an email with a username giving them access to IESE’s Virtual Campus, where initial study materials will be available.
- General fee: € 3,925
- IESE members fee: € 3,532
- Executive education Certificate fee: additional 5% discount on the general or membership fee.
The program fee is tax-exempt and includes academic materials and lunches. It does not include travel or accommodation expenses.
The program requires preparatory coursework, which will be made available three weeks before the start date. Payment is required in order to access this material. Check the cancellation policy below.
Spaces are limited and filled in strict order of registration.
Do you know about our corporate agreements and fees for multiple registrations? Feel free to ask us.
We accept payments by credit card, check or wire. For more payment information, please reference your invoice.
Cancellations received within 20 days prior to the start of the program are subject to a cancellation fee equivalent to 25% of the program fee. IESE reserves the right to cancel this edition of the program or to change the dates up to 20 days prior to its start. IESE is under no circumstances responsible for travel expenses incurred. Participants should consider travel cancellation coverage in the exceptional event that the program is cancelled or that participants are unable to attend for personal or professional reasons.