Your Essential Guide to Finance
Gain a deeper understanding of the fundamentals of accounting and finance, and learn to make financial considerations an integral part of your strategic decision-making process.
- Learn how to read, analyze and interpret financial statements (balance sheet, income and cash flow statements) and communicate effectively with finance professionals.
- Understand how management decisions affect corporate resources, profits, liquidity and value creation.
- Diagnose the financial health of a company and establish appropriate action plans.
- Carry out proper evaluation of investment projects.
The “Essential Finance and Accounting for Decision Making” program will tackle the following topics:
- Financial Accounting
- The basics of balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements, as well as the impact of the most common movements on these statements.
- Preparation, analysis and interpretation of financial statements.
- Key accounting policy decisions and their impact on corporate accounts.
- Financial Statement Analysis and Diagnosis
- Cash flow forecasts
- Balance sheet and income statement forecasting
- Financial diagnosis
- Long-Term Valuation of Investment Projects
- Expectations in cash flow generation
- Operational and financial risk
- Sources of finance
The “Essential Finance and Accounting for Decision Making” program targets:
- Non-financial managers and directors who want to gain a firmer grasp of basic economic concepts from a general-management perspective.
- Senior executives with extensive management experience who want to review and/or increase their knowledge of finance analysis and decision-making based on financial statements.
- Investors who need to understand the financial information associated with their investments or those seeking to join venture capital firms.
- Entrepreneurs running potential businesses and their advisors and consultants.
- Members of family businesses within corporate governance bodies.
The program employs a blended learning approach, merging highly engaging online and onsite content, and spans several weeks to intensify the learning impact.
The first module is delivered online and combines lectures, readings and assignments to familiarize you with the basics of corporate finance and accounting. The module requires approximately 8 hours per week to complete. For the second module, you will convene on IESE’s Barcelona campus for dynamic discussions, case studies, team-based projects and interaction with other high-caliber peers.
The program requires participation in both modules given their high degree of integration. Personal tutorials are available to reinforce your learning journey.
The “Essential Finance and Accounting for Decision Making” program faculty is made up of expert professionals who are dedicated to teaching and research in addition to their ongoing involvement in the business world:
Professor of Financial Management
PhD in Managerial Science and Applied Economics, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
MBA, IESE,Universidad de Navarra
Licenciado en Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
Licenciado en Derecho, Universitat de Barcelona
Lecturer of Accounting and Control
PhD in Business Administration (Accounting), Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Executive MBA, IESE Business School, Universidad de Navarra
BSc in Industrial Engineering, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
- Participants must complete and submit the online application.
- The Executive Education Department will contact the participant by email to acknowledge receipt of the application. It will also provide information about the program dates, sending of prior study materials and the bank details needed to pay tuition.
- The participant pays tuition (payment must be made before the start of the course and before prior study materials are sent). This is an essential prerequisite for participating in the program.
- Three weeks before the start of the program, participants will receive an email with a username giving them access to IESE’s Virtual Campus, where initial study materials will be available.
- General fee: € 5,500
- IESE members fee: € 4,950
- Executive education Certificate fee: additional 5% discount on the general or membership fee.
The program fee is tax-exempt and includes academic materials and lunches. It does not include travel or accommodation expenses.
The program requires preparatory coursework, which will be made available three weeks before the start date. Payment is required in order to access this material. Check the cancellation policy below.
Spaces are limited and filled in strict order of registration.
Do you know about our corporate agreements and fees for multiple registrations? Feel free to ask us.
We accept payments by credit card, check or wire. For more payment information, please reference your invoice.
Cancellations received within 20 days prior to the start of the program are subject to a cancellation fee equivalent to 25% of the program fee. IESE reserves the right to cancel this edition of the program or to change the dates up to 20 days prior to its start. IESE is under no circumstances responsible for travel expenses incurred. Participants should consider travel cancellation coverage in the exceptional event that the program is cancelled or that participants are unable to attend for personal or professional reasons.